Completed Phd students
- Tal Boneh, Ph.D. (joint with K. Korb). Ontology and Bayesian decision networks for supporting the meterological forecasting process (2010).
- Steven Mascaro Ph.D. (joint with K. Korb). Abortion, rape and suicide: evolutionary ALife investigations of ethically contentious behaviour. Completed 2008.
- Colette Thomas, Ph.D. Development of a Bayesian Belief Network decision support tool for seagrass risk management in the Great Barrier Reef, Australia. Completed 2008.
- Lucas Hope, Ph.D. Information Theoretic Metrics for Causal Power Estimation and Probabilistic Predictors. Completed 2007.
- Jiri Baum, Ph.D. Dynamic Non-Uniform Abstractions for Approximate Planning in Large Structured Stochastic Domains. (Joint supervisor A/Prof Trevor Dix) (1998-present). Completed 2006.
- Tal Boneh, M.Sc. (U. of Melbourne, joint supervisor Prof. Liz Sonenberg). Support for Graphical Modelling in Bayesian Network Knowledge Engineering: a Visual tool for domain experts. Completed 2003.
- Matthew Mitchell, Ph.D. An Architecture for Situated Learning Agent (joint supervisor D. Albrecht). Completed 2003.
- Joao Abrantes Ph.D. Knowledge-based assembly sequence planning. (joint supervisor C. White). Completed 2002.
- Nathalie Jitnah Ph.D . Using Mutual Information for Approximate Evaluation of Bayesian Networks. Completed 2000.
Current research students
- Ehsan Shareghi, Ph.D (joint with R. Haffari). Non-parametric Bayesian Models for Natural Language Processing (2014-present).
- Owen Woodberry, Ph.D (joint with K. Korb). Evolutionary biology (2004-present).
- Mohammad Rahman, Ph.D (joint with R. Haffari). Bioinformatics (2013-present).
Other research students
- Yingying Wen, Ph.D candidate 2006-2011. Was originally supervised soley by K. Korb, I became joint supervisor 2008-2011, issues with health and working after scholarship ran out. We stopped active supervision late 2011 due to lack of progress.
- Scott Thomson, Ph.D candidate 1995 (withdrew at end of first year).
- Hong Shen, Masters Candidate 2001 (withdrew after a few months).
- Tim Wilkin Ph.D. candidate 1997-2004 (never finished writing up).
- Huajun Daniel Sun, 2013 (Joint supervision with Prof Jim Smith, Warwick), “Chain Event Graphs).
- Kerrianne Sim, 2013 (Joint supervision with T. Boneh, K. Korb) “Iterative Discretization for Causal Discovery”.
- Thao Huang, 2013 (joint supervision with D. Albrecht) “Inheritance in Object-Oriented Bayesian Networks”.
- Chaoheng Henry Hu, 2012 (joint supervision with K. Korb, S. Mascaro) “Learning Dynamic Bayesian Networks”.
- Alysander Stanley, 2011-2012 (joint supervision with K. Korb) “Discretization”.
- Lauchlin Wilkinson, S2, 2011 & S1, 2013 (Joint supervision with Dr. Libby Rumpff, U. of Melb).
- Edin Sarajlic, 2010, “Consumer credit scoring: building a better predictor using causal Bayesian networks” (joint supervision with K. Korb).
- Kym McGain, 2010, “Opponent modeling in Bayesian poker” (joint supervision with K. Korb).
- Guanghua Li, 2009, “Bioinformatic study on protein classification” (joint supervision with M. Garcia de la Banda)
- David Northfield, 2009, “Improving the poker play of BPP” (joint supervision with K. Korb).
- James Lawson, 2007, “http://www.csse.monash.edu.au/~annn/hons/2007/james.lawson “Evolution of Utility” (joint supervision with K. Korb).
- Brendon Taylor, 2007, “Opponent Modelling in Bayesian Poker (joint supervision with K. Korb).
- Chung Tue Nguyen, 2006, “Experimental ethics” (joint supervision with K. Korb).
- Shannon Watson, 2003, “Using Bayesian Networks for Water Quality Prediction in Sydney Harbour”, (Collaboration with NSW EPA) (joint supervision with C. Twardy)
- Owen Woodberry, 2003, “Knowledge Engineering a Bayesian Network for an Ecological Risk Assessment (KEBN-ERA)”, (Collaboration with Monash University Water Studies Centre) (joint supervision with K. Korb and C. Pollino).
- Darren Boulton, 2002-03, “Bayesian Poker Opponent Modelling” (joint supervision with K. Korb).
- Michelle Hughes, 2002-03, (BCSE) “An MUD Platform for Plan Recognition” (joint supervision with K. Korb).
- Rodney O’Donnell, 2001, “Adaptation in Bayesian Networks” (joint supervision with K. Korb).
- Russell Kennett, 2000. “Sea Breeze Prediction using Bayesian Networks” (joint supervision with K. Korb, funded by the Bureau of Meteorology).
- Jason Carlton, 2000. “Bayesian Poker” (joint supervision with K. Korb).
- Dr Tal Boneh, 2013-current, ARC Linkage Project (joint with Kevin Korb)
- Dr Francoise Petitjean, 2013-current ARC Discovery Project (joint with Geoff Webb)
- Dr Yung En Chee, 2011-current, ARC Linkage Project (based at U. of Melbourne, joint with Jane Elith)
- Dr. Bin Han, Research Fellow, 2005-2006 ARC Discovery project (with Kevin Korb)
- Dr. Charles Twardy, Research Fellow, 2004-2005, ARC Discovery project (with Kevin Korb)
- Dr. David Albrecht, Research Fellow, 1996-1998, ARC Discovery project (with Ingrid Zukerman)
Summer vacation projects
- 2012-2013 Alex Black
2013 Daniel Sun (MURPA)
2009-2010 Jonathan McClure (MURPA)
2009-2010 Scott Zonnerveldt
2008-2009 Edin Sarajlic
2007-2008 John Pearce
2003-2004 Karl Axnick
- 2000-01 Tuan Pham
- 1999-2000 Steven Mascaro
- 1999-2000 Krys Doktor
- 1996-97 Amy Holden